The Mentors Institute unites the mentors of all student academic groups of the Faculties of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing and International Students Faculty of I. Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University.
Mentors in their professional activity follow the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”, the resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine, the normative documents of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the Ministry of Education of Ukraine, the University Statute, orders and regulations of the University and this Regulation. The work of the Mentors Institute is carried out according to the plan, which is drawn up for the period of one academic year and approved by the Vice-Rector for Science and Education. The Head of the Mentors Institute is appointed by the Order of the Rector and is chosen among highly skilled, experienced, initiative and reputable mentors of student academic groups. The administration of the Mentors Institute is directly managed by its Head and supervised by the Vice-Rector for Science, Education and Social Affairs. The mentors of students’ academic groups are appointed by Order of the Rector and chosen among the experienced university lecturers according to the Decisions of methodical meetings of the departments.
Tasks of the Mentors Institute:
• improvement of methodological organization of nationalistic and patriotic education and work of mentors of student academic groups;
• analysis of cultural, art, sports, and charitable events within student academic groups;
• systematic academic and professional development of mentors and improvement of methodological organizational work;
• study of the best experience of a comprehensive approach to the learning process arrangement in student groups, introduction of world education science achievements, traditions of national pedagogy and psychology.
The professional activity of a mentor within the academic student group is aimed at implementation of a complex process of education in:
• Nationalistic education;
• Patriotic education;
• Intellectual and spiritual education;
• Public awareness and legal education, prevention of crimes and offenses;
• Educational work with international students;
• Moral and education, charity and volunteer work;
• Environmental education;
• Aesthetic education;
• Labour education;
• Promotion of healthy lifestyle.